Monday, July 4, 2011

celebrate.

Happy 4th of July!!! 
 Last year, I missed the 4th of July festivities entirely.
I don't think I even saw one firework.
I flew home to see my family, but my return flight was on the 4th.
Last year... it was on a Sunday.
In Idaho... they celebrated on Saturday to keep the Sabbath day holy.
In California, they just dont do that.
So I missed all of the festivities.

This year however...
It has been a party all weekend.
  Saturday Night BBQ and fireworks followed by sparkler photography
Sunday night camping out to see the parade... which I ended up sleeping through anyhow.
Today? BBQ and fireworks. 

I love celebrating the 4th. SO much fun. 
I am so blessed to live in this country, where I am free.
I am grateful to those who have fought and still fight for our freedom.
I am proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment