Tuesday, April 26, 2011

provo

Since my mom didn't want me driving alone, she accompanied me on the long drive to Utah to drop me off at school for the summer. As we crept closer Provo, I could see the big "Y" on the hill come closer to view. I suddenly felt panic and anxiety. As I sat in the passenger seat of my car, I had a little panic attack. I continued to feel that anxiety through the night. I barely even at dinner because I felt so sick from the anxiety that I was feeling. My previous excitement for the summer had vanished entirely. Why the anxiety? My move to Provo, and decicion to attend BYU for the summer was a BIG change for me. Everything in Provo is bigger--the campus, the town... especially compared to Rexburg. In addition to that, upon moving here I knew hardly any one. 
However, after shortly being here, I have already met people who are way cool. My classes are going to be enlightening and fun. My nerves have been calmed, and I am feeling the excitement that I once felt. I look forward to a fun summer filled with new friendships and experiences.

1 comment:

  1. i cant believe when you finally get to BYU i am no longer there! we always talked about you going to BYU so we could be together. trust me jess, you are going to LOVE it!! it will blow rexburg out of the water! haha let me know how your first couple of days go! love you

    ReplyDelete