Saturday, November 26, 2011

i didnt.

BYU-Idaho has always had a nickname.... BYU-I DO... well I sure didnt. I went up there and came back, without finding a husband, or even a boyfriend. I am 100% okay with that. I walked away with a great education and a bright future ahead.

The reason for this post? The other day, as I was with some church people, and older lady asked me about my graduation at BYU-I. She then continued to ask me if I had a boyfriend, and I replied "no." She said: "You didnt find a boyfriend up at Idaho?" I again replied: "No." She AGAIN said: "You didnt find yourself a boyfriend at BYU-Idaho?" After replying NO for the third time, she said "Weird, thats really weird." No lady... it isnt weird. I did not go to college to get an "MRS" degree, I went to get an EDUCATION.

It upsets me a little when people don't value the hard work I did up at school, and instead treat me as though I failed because I didnt find myself a husband or a boyfriend. Sure, that would have been nice, but PLEASE give me credit for graduating, and having the desire to continue my education. Don't rebuke me for something completely unrelated to an education.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when you get those conversations? I'm going to my home ward tomorrow, and I'm preparing a response to that question.

    ReplyDelete