Friday, July 27, 2012

4th of July... in AFRICA.

I flew into Zambia on the 4th of July. When I made it through immigration, claimed my bag, and went through customs, I saw the Padovich's smiling faces. Needless to say... It was SUCH a relief to see a familiar face. They drove me to the mission home, and we had a yummy lunch. I then took a quick nap on the couch.

After, they drove me to meet with a lady named Kathy who is the CEO/founder of Mothers Without Borders. She told me a bit about her program and the type of service they did-- and that her team started the very next day, however it costed money. She also told me of a few other ways I could serve in Zambia. I wasn't sure what I would do at that point, but she told me to come with them on their first day because the place they were visiting would be a place I could volunteer at during my stay. We talked a little while longer, and she told me to go and think about what I wanted to do.

When we got back to the mission home, we celebrated the 4th of July by having a BBQ. It was me and all the Sr. Mission couples, and WOW were they so much fun!! We ate, had some dessert, and played a card game that I was not very good at. It was fun to be around loving and embracing people. My first night in Zambia, and I already felt at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment