January:
I spent much time snowboarding in the winter months--especially in January. Here is my snowboarding buddy Alex and I.
February:
Road-tripped home for a much needed visit. My family visited Santa Monica. It was just a good quick weekend visit to reboost my winter blues.
March:
Took a trip with my roommate and best friend to go visit our bestie Hilary in Provo. We went to a wild dance that was SO much fun. The next day we went to the Holi Krishna Festival of Colors. SO much fun.
April:
Our last weekend of school happened to be Conference weekend. So what do we do instead of study for finals? We go to Utah for conference of course! Such a fun and spiritual weekend. Could not have had more fun spending it with some close friends.
April also marked a new adventure in my life-- no more BYU-Idaho and finishing my college career at BYU over the summer.
May:
While living in Provo, I made some of the best friends a girl could ask for. One is my roommate Melissa. Her and I would go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, and have lunch after--sharing our love for burgers. Having Melissa as my roommate was such a blessing!
June:
Summer days in Provo were wonderful. We would have barbecues in the courtyard after church, or layout by the pool during the day. The weather was so wonderful, and all my friends were great company.
July:
Perhaps, July was filled of the most accomplishment. School ended and on July 22, 2011 I graduated college. It definitely marked the beginning of a new adventure in life.
August:
In August I moved home from college. Definitely wasn't ready for it. It was nice being able to go to the beach though as soon as I got home. Now I can admit it hasn't been that bad being home. In fact, I am actually enjoying myself.
September:
Being home meant reunions with some of my close friends from home-- like Kat. In September, my family went to an Indian Pow Wow and Kat came with us. We listened to Indian music, watched Indian danes, and ate Indian food. It was a fun afternoon.
October:
I've always wanted to be a bumble bee for Halloween--except I was a poor college student and the costume was too expensive. This year however, not having collegely things to pay for, and having a job. I went out on a limb and was the cutest bumble bee ever. My friends and I went to a super fun halloween singles dance. It was a good time.
November:
Well, I turned 23. How did I celebrate? Purchasing the DSLR camera I have always wanted. BOOM!
December:
My BEST FRIEND ever got married. She literally glowed as she walked out of the temple. I am so happy for her new step in life, and wish her and Ryan NOTHING but the best. They are a perfect, perfect couple.
In sum, my year was great. So many memories and fun times. I cherish everything from this year. As 2012 approaches, I have some expectations. What do I hope for in the year 2012?
~ more exercise
~ new friends
~ hopefully get into graduate school and continue my education
~if not a higher paying job--like a nanny job so I can save for life expenses (like an Audi A4)
~ excel in my photography dreams
~ advance spiritually and continue my relationship with God
~ Love--with that comes heartbreak unfortunately, but bring it on!
~ All the memories and fun I can imagine
HERE'S TO AN AMAZING 2012.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment